D is for Dom and Danny Do Christmas

Wednesday 30 November 2011

In 2008 I was involved in the recording of Dom and Danny Do Christmas, for Radio 5 Live. When the show's producer contacted my publisher's publicist to see if I would be interested in taking part, the email she sent said that they wanted a Chrismologist.

I was referred as such by Danny Wallace at the start of the show (which you can listen to below) and the name just sort of stuck.



If you would like to listen to the whole hour's worth of Dom and Danny Do Christmas, you can download it for free from here.

Just before we went on air, Dom Joly got out a singing, plastic Christmas tree. When I happened to mention that the first artificial trees were made from goose feathers dyed greed, he turned to me in amazement and said, "You really do know everything about Christmas!" I obviously made an impression, because he later mentioned me in his column in the Independent - sort of...

Then, last week I was recording my Radio Five Live Christmas day special and invited a man on who'd written a book called What is Myrrh Anyway? It turns out to be an "embalming ointment".

Ah... Fame at last!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen!

 
The Chrismologist © 2008. Template by BloggerBuster.